ThirdChannel is looking for a mid-to-senior level front-end engineer to join our engineering team. Currently a team of ten engineers, we are looking to grow out our front-end expertise and capabilities. You will be working closely on a daily basis with other engineers, product managers, and our design and user experience team.
As a front-end engineer, you care about writing clean, efficient code, while also caring about the resulting user experience, and think about the user in everything you do. You will be working on interfaces for our agents, program team, and customer all throughout the retail industry. You know when to compromise. Development is not always perfect in a start-up environment, and you might need to make trade-offs and work collaboratively with teams members to come up with solutions to tricky situations. You feel comfortable working collaboratively with other team members, but can also be trusted to work solo on a feature. You have opinions on the state of front-end development, but you also know how to evaluate the right tool and approach for the task at hand.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3. You should feel right at home in this area, and care about semantic code and scalable, maintainable CSS. You also can tackle cross-browser compatibility like a pro, and are excited about upcoming features like Grid Layout.
- Some experience with full-stack development. You will occasionally have to do things like work on an API, manage deployments, or fix bugs on the back-end, but it is not usually your main focus.
- Some experience with user experience design. Although creating wireframes thinking through tough UX issues is not a primary task, you can handle these tasks if the opportunity arises, and can work alongside other UX designers to offer input and feedback.
- Experience with GitHub and Git flow
- A desire to learn new technologies and flexibility to get outside your comfort zone.
- Ability to work in Agile / SCRUM environment
- Excellent communication skills
Nice To Haves
- Experience building or maintaining an internal design system or living style guide
- Experience with React/Redux, TypeScript, Webpack, and SCSS
- Experience writing front-end unit or integration tests
- Experience with Java/Groovy/Grails, Ruby on Rails, Kubernetes, Docker, or AWS
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Development
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. A position in our company comes with the following benefits:
- 401k and stock options
- Strong health and dental plans
- Flexible work from home policy
- Catered company lunch once per week
- Monthly company-wide activities
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Ina Sipser at email@example.com.
60 Canal Street, Third Floor
Boston, MA 02114