ThirdChannel’s retail intelligence platform empowers the world’s leading brands to see what's happening — or should be happening — with their products on the ground in thousands of stores and identify where to allocate marketing resources to drive higher sales.
The retail execution and analytics platform integrates real-time data from field teams on the ground with sales, inventory, traffic and other sources of data to reveal retail execution issues. The system generates action plans that guide field team efforts, unlocking sales potential and quantifying results with measurable ROI. Don't have a field team? ThirdChannel matches an exclusive, on-brand force for brands and retailers to flex up presence in stores.
ThirdChannel is headquartered in Boston, MA.
- A Product Manager at ThirdChannel is obsessed with solving all kinds of problems for our many different user groups. We are looking for communicators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of iterative design and assumption-testing to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help ThirdChannel become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences. You will be responsible for delivering first class applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup environment.
- ThirdChannel offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Get in the guts of the product - tag along with our users in the field, solve their challenges, know every nook and cranny of how everything works and, more importantly, how our different user groups use the product.
- Great ideas come from everywhere - work with different stakeholder groups to source great ideas.
- Conduct competitive analysis and become an expert on the competitive landscape.
- Monitor key metrics and identify ways to improve them (e.g. Product Engagement, Customer Surveys, etc).
- Conduct user research to inform feature functionality and design.
- Synthesize feedback from users, external sources from research and internal stakeholders.
- Own parts of our product and help shape the roadmap.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and tasks.
- Work with awesome Designers and Engineers on a scrum team to build products that wow our customers.
- Define and measure the impact of our work.
- Communicate and present regularly across departments what we are doing and why.
- Work with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to prepare for product releases and address user challenges.
- Lead not by authority, but by knowledge and customer insights.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment, especially partnering effectively with UI/UX and Engineering stakeholders.
- You’ve shipped great software and can provide solid evidence of how you made it happen.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into nitty gritty details.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You can prioritize your tasks well and work efficiently.
- Technical and/or UX experience, background and/or education.
- Bonus points:
- Experience shipping mobile or analytics products
- Experience working with an offshore development team
A position in our company comes with the following benefits:
- Stock options in the company
- Strong health and dental plans
- Commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 company holidays
- A collaborative, open workplace environment
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to VP of Engineering, Ina Sipser, at email@example.com.
60 Canal Street, Third Floor
Boston, MA 02114